Whispers of Forgotten Ages
Information based on parliamentary census records, 997 YK.
- Population: 3.7 million
- Area: 1,800,000 square miles
- Sovereign: King Boranel ir’Wynarn
- Capital: Wroat
- Major Cities: Sharn, Starilaskur, Galethspyre, Xandrar
- Climate: Temperate in the north, tropical in the south
- Highest Point: Erix Peak in the Blackcap Mountains, elevation 13,256 feet
- Heraldry: A roaring bear surrounded by gold wyverns on a crimson shield
- Founder: Wroann, fifth scion of King Jarot
- National Motto: “We gain what we give.”
- Espionage Service: King’s Dark Lanterns
Distance allowed Breland to develop in ways that were distinctly different from the other human nations. While each of the human settlements that eventually became the Five Nations took root in the rich land surrounding the Scions Sound, the ancestors of the Brelish nation felt confined along the shore of the Brey River. The original settlement, built near where Aruldusk stands today, was quickly abandoned and its people moved south, following the river until they found a site that pleased them.